Whether you’re in hotel management or corporate aviation, a business manager or a travel agent, or even just a traveler, you’ve probably benefited in some way from the technology of B2B company Travelport, whether you know it or not.
Travelport: a “travel commerce platform”
Travelport’s travel commerce platform is what provides the ability to reserve a hotel or buy an airplane ticket by aggregating information all in one place. Managers use their distribution, technology and payment solutions to buy, sell and make travel business decisions. Consumers use their technology directly when using an online travel agency like Expedia or Orbiz.
Travelport serves an $8 trillion global travel and tourism industry with enabling 3 billion transactions a day. The company has clients around the world including 400 airlines, 650,000 global hotel properties, 35,000 car rental companies, 12 major rail networks, and 67,000 travel agencies. For example, if you’ve ever flown on Delta or Emirates, you’ve benefited from this technology.
Travelport recently released a video called “We’re There”—below—that showcases all the ways in which they help to transform the travel experience here. It’s an interesting video that really makes you understand how they’re involved in everything travel and how they redefine travel commerce. It concludes by saying that every trip and location shot in the video were searched, booked and paid for on the Travelport technology platform.
With the video, they are aiming to educate everyone from the business user to the end consumer about the technology behind travel from point A to point B and everything in between.
Be sure to check out the video “We’re There” and the Travelport website for more information on the Travelport story.
This is a sponsored post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.