Launched in 2019, Trippzy is a travel trivia mobile app (free for iOS or Android) that provides real travel rewards while educating players about destinations around the world. Current rewards include a VIP experience to the Dutch Caribbean island of Curaçao, featuring round-trip airfare for two, a five-night luxury hotel stay, $500 cash, and more. Trippzy players can also vie for three free nights at Scrub Island Resort, the glam property on a private isle in the British Virgin Islands. Flight discounts, a boat-load of scuba and snorkeling deals, dining discounts, and more hotel rewards are also available. Along with Curaçao and the British Virgin Islands, the other participating Caribbean destinations include Barbados, Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, and Nevis.
Once they’ve signed in with their Facebook details, players can collect TripCoins for answering questions about the Caribbean islands, as well as related to general Caribbean trivia, and the can use those TripCoins for travel. Even if players answer incorrectly, they still receive some TripCoins. At a Toronto media launch event for the game, participants expressed delight at the innovation, with a common word—”addictive”—used to describe the experience of playing Trippzy.
“We played Trippzy the other night and found it addictive,” said Debra Corbeil of The Planet D. “I love trivia and think this is going to be a lot of fun for travelers to test their knowledge. I love that Trippzy offers players the chance to earn points towards travel. The more you play, the smarter you get, and the faster you earn.” Conde Nast Traveler’s Spanish edition, meanwhile, wrote that “you will jump for joy to Play Trippzy.”
Trippzy was created by veteran travel journalists and experienced app developers. Writers who have visited the destinations produced the questions through research and personal experiences. The participating tourism boards have also approved the questions.
Trippzy’s development plans include more puzzle games as well as interactive challenges for players and live tournaments in multiple destinations. In 2020, Trippzy intends to create versions in Spanish and Chinese languages.
“For little monetary investment and only a handful of hours of their staffing time, tourism boards can utilize Trippzy to address two of their biggest challenges: how to engage younger consumers and how to drive more off-season visitation,” says Adrian Brijbassi, Trippzy Co-founder and Chief Content Officer. “Through the game, a mobile-phone owner is introduced to amazing places, learns exciting facts about them, acquires incentives to visit them, and secures a vacation booking—all within minutes.’
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.