This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
American Express likes to periodically offer different card art designs for their rewards cards. One of the most recent is the Rose Gold design for the American Express® Gold Card. Now, there are two additional designs you can choose from for your The Platinum Card® from American Express.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Platinum Card Designs
If you currently own the Platinum Card from American Express (or are thinking about trying for the Amex Platinum), you have three different card designs to choose from.
- Classic Platinum Card: The standard design with a platinum background and no additional artwork.
- Platinum x Kehinde Wiley: A botanical backdrop designed by portrait artist Kehinde Wiley.
- Platinum x Julie Mehretu: Abstract modernity from artist Julie Mehretu.
Both of these artists are participating in the prestigious Artist-in-Residence program at The Studio Museum in Harlem.
These designs are available to basic and additional Platinum Card members. You can log into your Amex account or call the support number on the back of your card to request a replacement card with the new design. There is no fee for this service.
There currently isn’t a time limitation to request one of these new designs. You can learn more about the designs here.
Other Amex Platinum Benefits
In addition to the new Platinum Card designs, you will have the same amazing Platinum Card benefits regardless of the card design you choose.
In addition to some of the longstanding travel perks like airport lounge access (including the Centurion Lounge) and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit (among other Platinum Card travel benefits), this card recently added these perks:
- Cardholders can get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when paying with their Platinum Card®.
- CLEAR application fee credit ($189 per year)
- Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline
- Up to $240 in digital entertainment credits, in the form of statement credits, per year
- $155 Walmart+ credit
- Up to $300 back annually for Equinox membership
- Global dining access by Resy
To use these benefits, you must pay with your Platinum Card from American Express. Enrollment may be required.
Cardholders also earn 5x Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
Additionally, earn 5x Membership Rewards® points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400.
This is still one of the best premium credit cards available.
Welcome Bonus Offer
New The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers can earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $6,000 on purchases on their new Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, they can apply and select their preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
In conclusion, these Platinum card designs can help you personalize your Platinum Card while enjoying its many other benefits. Additionally, it’s easy to request your design. We are also looking forward to the exciting perks this card will offer next.
- Best American Express Cards
- Amex Gold vs Amex Platinum 2022 Review (Best Amex Card?)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs American Express Platinum 2022
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.