Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty program just announced a new global partnership with ridesharing company Uber. Now you can earn rewards through SPG the next time you catch an Uber.
What does this mean for SPG members?
- Link your SPG and Uber accounts by going to SPG.com/uber
- After you’ve stayed one night at any Starwood you can begin earning points
- All members earn one Starpoint per $1 USD spent on Uber rides
- Bonus points can be earned if you use Uber during your hotel stay (see chart below)
How many points can be earned?
|Points Earned Everyday||Points Earned In-Stay|
|Preferred||1 per $ spend||2 per $ spend|
|Gold, Platinum||1 per $ spend||3 per $ spend|
|Platinum 75+||1 per $ spend||4 per $ spend|
Earn a #SuiteRide
To kickoff the partnership this weekend, Uber and Starwood are surprising SPG members and Uber riders with an “SPG #SuiteRide” if you are in New York, San Francisco, London, Dubai or Mexico City.
This weekend between 2 pm and 7 pm local time, Uber riders in those five cities who link their Starwood and Uber accounts can select the “SPG” vehicle option in the Uber app (instead of selecting the UberX option) for the chance to catch a free “SPG #SuiteRide” and 15,000 Starpoints, good for a free night at a Starwood hotel.
Check this out, if you snag a #SuiteRide, you’ll get to experience some sweet amenities from Starwood’s brands like the Westin Heavenly Robe or W Hotels Bliss Spa Travel Pack.
Starwood’s brands include Aloft, Element, Four Points, Le Meridien, Sheraton, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels and Westin.
This partnership comes after Starwood and Emirates announced reciprocal benefits to SPG and Emirates Skywards members in November 2014.
The Starwood-Uber partnership is available in every market where Uber operates, including throughout the U.S., China, Brazil, and across Europe. If you are not currently an SPG member, sign up at SPG.com. For restrictions of the offer check out blog.uber.com/spg.
What a sweet deal! And we’re still imagining how great that Heavenly Robe would feel as we are rolling around town this weekend in our Uber.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.