UberFRESH Los Angeles is running a deal that we love! Anyone new to UberFRESH can get up to $25 of free food (expires December 31, 2015). Even if you’re an avid Uber user but haven’t tried UberFRESH, you can get the deal too.
UberFRESH launched in LA in August 2014. It delivers lunch and dinner in ten minutes from some of our favorite area restaurants. There are usually three options for each time of the day.
You can order UberFRESH Monday through Friday for lunch 11 am – 2 pm and for dinner 5 pm – 8:30 pm. They also deliver brunch on Saturday and Sunday 10 am – 2 pm. The delivery fee is $3 regardless of the number of meals you order.
April 21’s dinner menu featured BBQ Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese and a Chocolate Chip-Potato Chip Cookie ($15) from Grub Restaurant in Hollywood; Penne Arrabiata from Coral Tree Cafe ($12); and Chicken Brown Rice Bowl from Coral Tree Cafe ($12).
When UberFRESH opened at 5 pm, we sampled Grub Restaurant’s BBQ Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese and of course the cookie. It took two minutes to get assigned a driver and the order was delivered here by a nice man named Jeremiah (he ranks 4.8 stars, by the way). He was here in only eight minutes! He was fun and I gave him five stars.
The food was hot and delicious. And it was pretty amazing to eat food from a restaurant in Hollywood in only eight minutes.
How is it possible to get food from Hollywood in eight minutes? It takes a lot of Uber drivers to get you your meal.
In the case of our meal, Uber picks up the food from Grub Restaurant’s catering kitchen in Hollywood all night, making constant runs back and forth to Uber’s warehouse locations (located in Venice, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, The Grove, etc.) to hold the hot food. Then other UberFRESH drivers pick-up the hot food from the Uber warehouse. Finally, you get assigned a driver closest to you that visited the warehouse. It’s that simple!
When checking online through Grubhub or Eat24, the average delivery time was 32-47 minutes. The same meal with a salad was also about $10 more (with $6 delivery charge and tip).
Check out the deal, LA! You can find the deal as soon as you open your Uber app and scroll the whole way to “FRESH” on the right. Before ordering your meal don’t forget to enter the promo code “FRESHAPRIL” in the promotions tab in the Uber menu on the top-left of your screen.
Currently, UberFRESH is available on the westside, the eastside and downtown LA. Here’s a map from Uber on the exact delivery area.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.