When The Wall Street Journal writes, “Structurally, the Blunt falls somewhere between suspension bridge and NASA space probe,” you listen. One of my top travel tips is to always carry an umbrella with you because in many destinations (ahem, London, Singapore, New York in the summer…) you just don’t know when you’ll need one. The problem with most umbrellas is that if it’s windy, they’ll end up going inside-out and breaking. According to Blunt’s website, “Every year over 700 million umbrellas end up in landfill, breaking in very ordinary weather conditions.” I believe it.
When I saw this Business Insider video of Blunton Twitter, I knew I had to get one and share these simple but beautiful umbrellas that are engineered from the inside out. The founder and creator Greig Brebner lived in London and New Zealand, so he knew firsthand about the perils of rain in a city. When he learned that the umbrella hadn’t been redesigned in over 200 years he went to the drawing board to create Blunt. It’s brilliant. Grab one on Amazon for $59.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.