These days, it’s difficult to keep up with all the domestic and international quarantine rules and restrictions, especially as some of them change weekly, if not daily. That’s why United Airlines has created an interactive tool to show where you can and cannot travel to within the United States.
The See What’s Open For Travel guide is a color-coded map compiled by Content Trip Solutions S.L. and tells users what’s open and what’s not. There are four colors in the legend:
- Purple = Open to visitors
- Light Grey = Open with restrictions
- Dark Grey = Entry restrictions
- White = No data available
Most of the states are currently coded purple and if you click them or scroll down, you will get more information like when the information was last updated, last reviewed, entry restrictions and the big three questions:
-Entry allowed without mandatory quarantine?
-Entry allowed without a medical certificate or negative COVID-19 test result?
-Entry allowed without mandatory forms or applications?
It also provides detailed information including a direct link to the state’s COVID-19 website to doublecheck on the rules.
The tool also alerts travelers to things to do in the state and what’s open with a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer:
-Non-essential shops open
-Tourist accommodations open
-Bars and cafes open
-Museums & heritage sites open
-Face coverings required in public areas
-Social distancing required
This is a great addition to United’s website and a handy tool for travelers as long as the information is accurate. As always, I would doublecheck directly with the state’s website, which you can find here, and visit the CDC State and Territorial Health website for up-to-date restrictions.
For those traveling internationally, you can find the latest country-specific information through the U.S.. Department of State website.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.