This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Traveling for business is often made better when you have perks like lounge access and priority boarding. Business travelers who fly United Airlines have an exciting option to consider. With perks like free checked bags for you and a companion, travel credits, and anniversary bonuses, the United℠ Business Card has plenty to offer.
New cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles (after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open) and enjoy a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, (then $99). Here are other perks this Chase business credit card has to offer.
75,000 Mile Bonus: United℠ Business Card
Chase United Business Card Review
If you fly United often for business, this is definitely a card worth checking out. It comes with several perks, including a couple that is great for United travelers. Additionally, if you’d like to share this card with employees, employee cards come at no additional cost. Plus, miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account, giving you more opportunities to earn rewards.
This is one of the best United credit cards.
You also have the option of setting up individual spending limits for each card, giving you more control (if needed).
Let’s see what other perks this contactless credit card has to offer.
The United℠ Business Card comes with several perks. As mentioned above, new cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, get a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $99.
Since award flights start at 12,500 miles for economy class seats, earning this bonus can get you several roundtrip flights.
Note that this bonus offer is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
This can be one of the best miles credit cards.
There are several ways cardholders can earn miles. As this is a business card, some of the miles earned will be on business-related purchases. Here’s what cardholders can earn bonus miles on:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2x miles per $1 spent at restaurants, including eligible delivery services
- Earn 2x miles per $1 spent at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting
- 1x mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
Not only can cardholders earn miles for their travels, but they can also earn on common purchases like dining and takeout. If you are close to a United hub and fly United often, this card can be a good fit.
This wouldn’t be a proper business airline credit card without a few airline perks. In continuing with our United Business Card review, let’s look at what the United℠ Business Card has to offer when you fly.
Free Checked Bag
For instance, cardholders get a free first checked bag for themselves and one companion traveling on the same reservation. This can save you $140 per roundtrip! However, this is only applicable on United-operated flights when purchasing tickets with your United Business Card.
25% back on United in-flight purchases
When you pay for food, beverages, and/or WiFi with your United℠ Business Card onboard a United-operated flight, you’ll earn 25% back. This will be in the form of a statement credit.
Another noteworthy perk is priority boarding. Primary cardholders and companions traveling on the same reservation will be able to board United-operated flights early.
$100 Travel Credit
Cardholders can enjoy a $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year.
United Club Passes
United℠ Business Card cardholders get two United Club one-time passes, deposited into your account after account opening, and each year on your cardmember anniversary. This is over a $100 value. Each pass grants one person one-time access to a United Club location (subject to availability). Present your pass via the United app or by printing out a copy from your account.
United Club amenities include complimentary drinks, snacks, and bar service, free high-speed internet access, workspaces, agent assistance with seat assignments, reservations, and electronic ticketing, and information about the local destination. Some locations also have private phone booths with speakerphones. See more about their worldwide locations here.
Possible To Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles Annually
If you own both the United℠ Business Card and the personal United℠ Explorer Card, you will receive 5,000 bonus miles each account anniversary. To receive the 5,000 miles, you must be the primary cardholder and have both accounts open. The account anniversary year is considered the year beginning with your business card account opening date through the anniversary of the account opening date.
Some of the additional perks include no blackout dates, the ability to redeem miles for various rewards, access to exclusive events, and more.
There are no blackout dates: no restrictions, no blackout dates for primary cardholders. You can also use your miles for various rewards. Use miles to book travel on Star Alliance or another travel partner. You can also use them for travel upgrades, inflight WiFi, car rentals, and hotel stays. If you’d rather use miles for events, merchandise, or gift cards, that’s also an option.
United℠ Business Card cardholders get access to room upgrades, free daily breakfast, early check-in and late checkout (subject to availability), and other amenities available at over 900 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide. Additionally, Chase sometimes has private experiences available that you’ll have access to.
As mentioned previously, this is a contactless credit card. Just tap to pay for quick and safe transactions.
Fortunately, the United℠ Business Card has no foreign transaction fees. This makes it possible to use while traveling internationally without having to worry about extra fees.
However, there is an annual fee of $99, but it is waived the first year.
Travel and Purchase Coverage
There are travel and purchase coverage perks worth mentioning on top of the perks listed already in this Chase United Business Card review.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Primary coverage when renting for business purposes
- Baggage delay insurance: Reimburses for essentials delayed over 6 hours, up to $100 for 3 days.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Up to $3,000 covered
- Trip cancelation/trip disruption insurance: Reimbursed up to $1500 per person if the trip is canceled or shortened due to sickness, extreme weather, or other eligible situations
- Trip delay reimbursement: Delays of more than 12 hours are covered for unreimbursed expenses, up to $500 per ticket
- Purchase protection: Covers new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft, up to $10,000 per claim
- Extended warranty protection: Extends U.S. manufacturer’s warranty one additional year (subject to eligibility)
- Visa concierge: Complimentary Visa Signature Concierge Service 24 hours a day to help with planning and tickets
Not having to use some of these perks is good (no one likes lost luggage). But in case of the event that something above does happen, it is good to know that these tools are available.
Alternative United Cards
There are three alternative United consumer cards and one United business card. These include:
- United℠ Explorer Card
- United Gateway℠ Card
- The United Club℠ Infinite Card
- United Club Business Card
If you’re looking for more business card options, check out our review of the best Chase business credit cards and the best small business credit cards. You’ll find that other cards have more flexibility and some even transfer points/miles to United.
United Explorer Card
The United℠ Explorer Card is the consumer equivalent of this card. Perks also include first checked bag free, 25% back on in-flight purchases, priority boarding, and two one-time United Club passes annually. However, this card also comes with the coveted TSA PreCheck or Global Entry (a fee credit of up to $100).
Cardholders earn 2x miles per $1 spent at restaurants and eligible delivery services (including GrubHub, Caviar, Seamless, and DoorDash), hotels, and United purchases.
There is a $95 annual fee that is waived the first year.
The United℠ Explorer Card has a sign-up offer of up to 65,000 bonus miles. New cardholders can earn 40,000 United miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after your account is open. Plus, earn an additional 25,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 in the first 6 months.
Learn more: Airline Credit Cards
United Gateway Card
The United Gateway℠ Card is a brand new card from Chase. This no annual fee credit card comes with the ability to earn 20,000 bonus miles. New cardholders earn 20,000 bonus miles after making $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Cardholders also earn:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on United Airlines purchases, at gas stations, and on local transit and commuting
- 1x mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
This card can be a great addition to your wallet.
Related: United Gateway Card Review
United Quest Card
The United Quest℠ Card is the latest exciting addition to the United Airlines card family. Cardholders can earn 3x miles on United purchases, 2x miles on all other travel purchases, on dining (including takeout and delivery services), and on select streaming services, and 1x mile on all non-bonus purchases.
The primary United Quest℠ Card cardholder and one companion can each bring two checked bags for free. United Quest℠ Card cardholders have the ability to earn up to 3,000 Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) per year. That’s almost enough PQPs to qualify for Premier Silver status as you need 3,500 PQPS.
Cardholders get a United Airlines flight credit of $125 each year (terms apply). In addition to the $125 annual flight credit, cardholders get 2 award flight credits each worth 5,000 miles each anniversary year. Terms apply. Each credit covers the first 5,000 miles needed to book an award flight with United.
United Quest℠ Card cardholders can earn 80k bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of the account opening. Plus, they can earn an additional 20k bonus miles after spending $10,000 in the first 6 months, giving them 100k bonus miles!
There is no foreign transaction fee but the annual fee is $250.
United Club Infinite Card
The premium United Club℠ Infinite Card comes with first and second-checked bags, saving cardholders up to $320 per roundtrip. Cardholders also get 25% back as statement credits on in-flight purchases and up to $100 as a fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. Regarding bonus categories, cardholders earn:
- 4x miles per $1 spent on United purchases including tickets, in-flight food, beverages and WiFi, and other United charges
- 2x miles per $1 spent on dining at restaurants and eligible delivery services including GrubHub, Caviar, Seamless and DoorDash
- 2x miles per $1 spent on all other travel
- 1x mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
There is a $525 annual fee. However, using the benefits fully can help you offset this fee.
New United Club℠ Infinite Card cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
Learn more: Airline Credit Cards
United Club Business Card
The information for the United Club℠ Business Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
There are some similarities between the United Club℠ Business Card and the United Business Card. They both earn 2x miles per $1 spent on United purchases, have no foreign transaction fees, 25% back on in-flight purchases, no blackout dates, and employee cards are free. However, the United Club Business Card doesn’t have bonus categories to earn more miles (aside from United purchases, all other purchases earn 1.5% back), is only offering 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
With the United Club Business Card, cardholders get United Club Membership ($650 value annually), free first and second checked bag, and premier access travel services. The annual fee is $450 but can be offset by the United Club Membership alone.
Summary of the Chase United Business Card Review
The United℠ Business Card comes with a free checked bag, 25% in-flight bonus, two United Club passes, priority boarding, and more. And, new cardholders can earn 75,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, the annual fee of $99 (waived the first year) makes it easy to have this card if you’re a frequent United flyer.
- United Explorer Card Review
- Best Chase Business Credit Cards
- Best United Credit Card Options, Bonuses, Perks, & More
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.