This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The United Quest℠ Card can be a good option for leisure travelers planning to fly more often in the coming months. This mid-tier card makes it easy to earn United miles and enjoy other travel perks. There’s also a sign-up bonus of 70,000 miles! New United Quest℠ Card cardholders can earn 70,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months their account is open.
This United Quest Card review can show you what else this card has to offer.
Earn Up to 3x United Miles
Card purchases either earn 3, 2, or 1 United mile per $1 spent:
- 3x miles on United® purchases
- 2x miles on dining
- 2x miles on select streaming services
- and 2x miles on all other travel
- 1x miles all other purchases
There is no foreign transaction fee.
Being able to earn double miles on any travel purchase is a unique benefit. Other airline credit cards may only offer bonus points when booking travel with a travel partner using the airline travel portal.
Annual $125 United Flight Credit
Cardholders get a United Airlines flight credit of $125 each year (terms apply). This benefit is worth half of the $250 annual United Quest℠ Card fee.
5,000-Mile Award Flight Credits
In addition to the $125 annual flight credit, cardholders get 2 award flight credits each worth 5,000 miles each anniversary year. Terms apply.
Each credit covers the first 5,000 miles needed to book an award flight with United.
This benefit is unique and different from most airline card anniversary bonuses that are either a lump sum point deposit or a companion travel certificate.
2 Free Checked Bags
The primary United Quest℠ Card cardholder and one companion can each bring two checked bags for free.
United Premier Status Accelerator
United Quest℠ Card cardholders have the ability to earn up to 3,000 Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) per year. That’s almost enough PQPs to qualify for Premier Silver status as you need 3,500 PQPS.
The 3,000 PQPs can be enough if you also have 8 Premier qualifying flights (PQFs).
Every $12,000 in card purchases can earn 500 PQPs.
Other United Quest Card Benefits
There are other travel benefits that are standard with most United Airlines cards:
- 25% back on in-flight United purchases (includes wifi, food, and beverages)
- Priority boarding
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Exclusive United Card Events and United MileagePlus events
- Exclusive benefits at the Luxury Hotels & Resorts Collection
- Travel and purchase protection benefits
Being a United Quest℠ Card cardholder can also mean not having blackout dates when redeeming miles for award flights. The other MileagePlus credits share this benefit.
The on-site discounts at Luxury Hotel & Resorts Collection can benefit upscale travelers.
The various travel protection benefits and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit can bring peace of mind and also reduce incidental travel expenses.
New United Quest℠ Card cardholders can earn 70,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months their account is open.
$250 Annual Fee
The United Quest℠ Card has a $250 annual and is a mid-tier airline credit card. This card is pricier than most consumer travel cards but also offers more benefits.
The various benefits can easily offset the fee thanks to the $125 annual travel credit, 5,000-mile anniversary credits, and free checked bags.
It can also be a good fit for travelers that were frequent flyers before the pandemic but don’t anticipate traveling enough for a premium credit card like the co-brand United Club℠ Infinite Card.
Who Should Try for the United Quest Card?
The United Quest℠ Card can be a good option for travelers that want to earn United miles quickly and have an easier time qualifying for Premier Silver status.
Travelers that fly United several times per year can benefit the most from this card. The stronger United travel benefits can also make this a better option than the United℠ Explorer Card.
Being able to earn 2x miles on all non-United travel purchases makes it possible for travelers to book their entire trip with this mid-premium card. Travel and dining purchases earn the most points making this card a great option for active travelers.
Airline miles tend to be worth more than hotel points and other travel rewards. United serves many domestic destinations making it easy to find award space availability.
International travel can be another sweet spot as the points may be worth more with United or a Star Alliance member.
What Credit Score is Needed to Qualify?
As this is one of the best airline credit cards available, a good or excellent credit score of at least 700 is best to have the best approval odds.
Applicants should also observe the Chase application rules, such as the 5/24 guideline.
The United Quest℠ Card is one of the best options for travelers wanting to maximize United Airlines’ miles. This card offer makes it easy to earn miles on travel purchases and get valuable benefits that were once exclusive to premium credit cards. Hopefully, this United Quest Card review has provided more clarity.
- United Business Card Review: 75k Mile Bonus, $0 Intro Annual Fee
- Best United Airlines Credit Cards, Bonuses, Perks, and More
- The Best Travel Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Earn Up to 3x United Miles
- 2 Annual $125 United Flight Credit
- 3 5,000-Mile Award Flight Credits
- 4 2 Free Checked Bags
- 5 United Premier Status Accelerator
- 6 Other United Quest Card Benefits
- 7 Signup Bonus
- 8 $250 Annual Fee
- 9 Who Should Try for the United Quest Card?
- 10 What Credit Score is Needed to Qualify?
- 11 Summary