As United continues its revamp of the airline, the next investment comes to LAX with a $573 million dollar refresh to the airline’s terminal. United executives unveiled design renderings of the reimagined space set to be complete by December 2017.
While most of the renovations will put United on par with others at LAX, they will have an upgraded United Club experience with outdoor terrace for members, improvements made visually to the design of the terminal and an improved security checkpoint.
Here are the LAX United terminal updates, according to United:
- Ticketing lobby with self-service tools such as self-tagging baggage kiosks
- A modern design in the terminal with “relaxed and inviting spaces” with comfortable seats and “abundant” charging stations for electronic devices
- Improved security screening checkpoint
- Redesigned baggage claim
- Enhancements will be made to United Club, which will include an outdoor terrace to work and/or relax with a view
“From a state-of-the-art ticketing lobby to a sleek and spacious United Club lounge, we are enhancing the airport experience at LAX and giving our customers more of what they want when traveling – greater choice and control, consistency and comfort,” said Sandra Pineau-Boddison, senior vice president for Customers at United.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.