I’ve flown United a handful of times in the last month and this week, I was smart enough to write down the homepage of the video series they’ve pitched before the safety demonstration on each flight. The Big Metal Bird (BMB) series is obviously promotional for United Airlines but the videos are still interesting. So far it looks like there have been seven episodes, each split into multiple themed videos.
BMB is hosted by Phil Torres, who does a good job going behind the scenes interviewing United employees in the five-or-so-minute videos. One that is particular interesting is the one in which he visits Denver International Airport to see how United prepares for a snowstorm. It’s a quite complex look at how an airline keeps operations up and running.
Kudos to United for investing in such a program allowing travelers behind the scenes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.