I’ve flown United a handful of times in the last month and this week, I was smart enough to write down the homepage of the video series they’ve pitched before the safety demonstration on each flight. The Big Metal Bird (BMB) series is obviously promotional for United Airlines but the videos are still interesting. So far it looks like there have been seven episodes, each split into multiple themed videos.
BMB is hosted by Phil Torres, who does a good job going behind the scenes interviewing United employees in the five-or-so-minute videos. One that is particular interesting is the one in which he visits Denver International Airport to see how United prepares for a snowstorm. It’s a quite complex look at how an airline keeps operations up and running.
Kudos to United for investing in such a program allowing travelers behind the scenes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.