Remember Allianz’s TravelSmart app? We’ve featured it here before as a great tool for any traveler’s pocket, but now, it’s better than ever. Some new features and updates have rounded it into what might be—soon—one of the most practical free travel apps out there. My good buddy Lee Abbamonte lays it all out in the video above.
As written earlier today, one of the most exciting changes is on the claims side. Allianz provides great travel protection, after all, and so the added ability to file a claim with a few quick taps through the app is no small thing.
But in its current iteration, there are many more helpful applications of TravelSmart. As seen in the screenshot above, there are now six main features:
1. Flight Status
Input a flight you’ve booked and you’ll have access to on-time departure information (delays, etc.) and gate information.
2. Rx and First Aid Terms
On any trip, there’s a risk of injury or illness. The TravelSmart’s dictionary catalogs the regional/country-specific names of prescription medication. Another part of translates important safety/medical words and phrases into different languages—which in the event of a worst-case scenario in another country might end up being critical.
You can also take and store photos of your existing medications in a dedicated part of this app, which makes accessing that info (should you need to reference it away from home) easy.
As noted above (and detailed here), you can now file a claim on the go via the TravelSmart app. The whole process has been slimmed down. You can even choose to receive your claims money via direct deposit.
4. Country Information
911 isn’t the number to call everywhere. In case you need help far from home, you have access to the emergency numbers (police, ambulance, fire department, etc.) of the specific country you’re in.
5. International Hospital Search
Here, TravelSmart provides more peace of mind. In the event of an accident (or whatever) in an unfamiliar place, you may need to know where to go or take someone for emergency care. The app’s hospital search lets you search for and find reliable facilities.
6. Policy Information
Finally, what may be the most expected feature: your Allianz policy information. With any travel insurance plan, you should know what you’re taking with you when you leave on a trip. With an Allianz plan, you can take an easily accessible summary with you in your pocket. You also have access to Allianz’s contact numbers all across the world should you need them.
As an Allianz policy-holder and a brand ambassador, I’m looking forward to trying it out on my next trip. Have you tried it? Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.