This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
On September 27, 2018, the American Express Centurion Lounge at DFW got a 3,000 square foot upgrade. But it’s not just an expansion a traveler flying through Dallas-Fort Worth can enjoy. There are plenty of upgraded amenities too.
What’s new at the upgraded DFW lounge?
There are private telephone rooms, three shower suites, and a mother’s room in the now 12,500 square-foot space. It also relocated to Terminal D, right next to gate D12. That’s in addition to all the other amenities AmEx customers have come to expect.
There’s still a full bar, fine dining, spa therapies, workspaces, a family room, and plenty of TVs. This lounge, in one of the most visited airports in the world, is the first of several new lounges opening in 2019 in JFK, Denver, and L.A. It’s open to Centurion and Platinum card members and is part of their Global Lounge Collection.
How can I get access to the American Express Centurion Lounge?
According to American Express, The Platinum Card® from American Express provides access to the most airport lounges in the world compared to other travel credit cards. Cardmembers can find a lounge in the 500+ cities available on the Global Lounge Collection Website.
The Platinum card comes with an annual fee of $550 (See Rates & Fees), but perks like $200 airline fee and Uber credits are included. New cardmembers can also earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first three months they have the card.
If you don’t have a Centurion membership or American Express Platinum Card, you can’t purchase a day pass with programs like Priority Pass. However, if you are traveling with a member or cardholder, they can purchase a guest pass for $50. It will get you access to 1,200 lounges around the world including Delta Sky Clubs, Priority Pass Select, and Airspace Lounges, to name a few.
The new American Express Centurion Lounge is certainly an upgrade for those with the Platinum card in their pocket. Plus, it is a modern, welcome addition to DFW. Hopefully, the expanded space will help with the overcrowded, ever-popular Centurion lounges.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.