This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Good news for folks looking for a cash back credit card option. The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card is a no annual fee card (See Rates & Fees) that earns up to 5% cash back on select purchases. This card earns cash back on travel AND everyday purchases. Let’s look at what this card offers to see if it is right for you.
The information for the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card Review
Let’s start out by looking at the reward categories for the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card (See Rates & Fees). Cardholders earn:
- 5% cash back on the first $2,000 in combined eligible purchases each quarter on two categories they choose. Categories include:
- Fast food
- TV, internet, and streaming services
- Cell phone providers
- Home utilities
- Department stores
- Electronic stores
- Sporting goods stores
- Movie theaters
- Gym/fitness centers
- Furniture stores
- Ground transportation
- Select clothing stores
- 5% cash back on prepaid air, hotel, and car reservations booked directly in the Rewards Travel Center
- 2% cash back on one everyday category, like Gas Stations/EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores or Restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases
To earn cash back, choose and activate the categories. Then, earn cash back with every eligible purchase. Cardholders can redeem their cash back anytime online.
If they don’t choose their Cash+ Categories each quarter, all their eligible net purchases will still earn 1% cash back.
Cardholders have several options for redeeming their U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card rewards. They can get their cash back as a statement credit, a rewards card, or directly deposited into their U.S. Bank checking or savings account.
Cardholders can get their cash back rewards online through the rewards center. Log in, select the U.S. Bank Cash+ account, and select “Rewards Center.” Alternatively, cardholders can call the Cardmember Services number on the back of their card.
The U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card is also available for use with Real Time Rewards. This redemption method enables cardholders to instantly turn purchases into rewards with their mobile device. To do this, cardholders must enroll and then use their card to make a purchase. They will then receive a text with the option to redeem cash rewards toward that purchase. If they reply ‘REDEEM,’ they will complete the redemption.
However, they must have enough cash rewards to cover the entire purchase to receive the text message to redeem. Cash rewards will be deducted from their cash rewards balance and redeemed in the form of a credit to their monthly billing statement.
New U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after spending $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
There is no annual fee for the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card (See Rates & Fees). However, there is a foreign transaction fee of 2%-3%.
Additional perks include earning even more cash back with the Rewards Center Earn Mall. Earn rewards when making purchases at over 1,100 online stores through the online portal.
This is also a contactless card, allowing cardholders to pay with a tap.
The U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card also comes with zero fraud liability.
Another perk of this card is the ability to pay over time. Pay over time by splitting eligible purchases of $100+ into equal monthly payments with U.S. Bank ExtendPay™ Plan.
In conclusion, the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card can be right for you if you can utilize the cash back rewards. Since there are a variety of rewards to choose from, including many everyday purchases, this no annual fee card (See Rates & Fees) can be great for many. However, note that good to excellent credit is required to get this card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.