Last week, fans of the hit ABC reality series, “The Bachelor” watched as Bachelor Ben Flajnik went skinny dipping with the archnemesis of the season, Courtney Robertson. They were at the W Retreat & Spa on Vieques Island in Puerto Rico, where the show filmed the fifth episode of the season.
While in Vieques, Ben hosted his group of potential mates as they explored secluded beaches, indulged in treatments at the Retreat’s AWAY Spa, dined on cuisine from Alain Ducasse’s miX on the beach, and lounged in guest rooms designed by Patricia Urquiola.
Now, Bachelor fans can have your own dream getaway with a Valentine’s special offer from W Vieques. Starting at $590 per night with a 3-night minimum, The Bachelor package includes:
• Daily breakfast at miX on the beach
• Dinner for 2 at miX on the beach
• 1 day Jeep rental with a packed gourmet picnic basket
• A couples massage with a Sunset Jacuzzi experience, including Taittinger champagne
Guests also earn double SPG points throughout their stay. To amplify the romance and indulge in elements pulled directly from the episode’s island itinerary, for $1260 per night and a 4-night minimum, the upgraded experience includes:
• 4 nights in an exclusive WOW Suite
• Daily breakfast at miX on the beach
• Private dinner date at Paradise Edge
• 1 day cabana rental with a bottle of rosé wine & fresh tapas
• 1 day Jeep rental with a packed gourmet picnic basket for two
• A couples massage with a Sunset Jacuzzi experience, including Taittinger champagne
• Earn double SPG points throughout stay
The Bachelor package is available for booking at www.WVieques.com or by calling 1.877.WHOTELS. Guests may use promo code WBACHELR for the starting package or WBACHELZ for the WOW package. Pricing is exclusive of tax and gratuity and is subject to availability. Some restrictions apply.
There are Valentine’s Day specials and deals all over the country and the world to take advantage of right now and it’s not too late! Sometimes the best deals can be found by calling at the last-minute. Here are some of the best we found.
For the Crazy, Stupid Love Fans:
This year at the W Fort Lauderdale, couples can get a little grooming love with a head-to-toe makeover that will help them both put their best foot (and face, for that matter) forward. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the W Fort Lauderdale has announced their “Crazy Love, with W Style” package (based on based upon the hit movie Crazy, Stupid, Love) that includes a couple’s style consultation with a W Store stylist, his & her spa treatments (including a lip facial to tone up the kisser!) and a credit toward date night.
What else could one expect from the only W Hotel in the country that crowns its very own “Bliss Guy” each year? Known for putting the “man” in manicure and the “G” in grooming, Bliss Guy Fort Lauderdale hand-selected a sensual spa package to ensure these couples are loving in style this Valentine’s Day.
The package starts at $899 and is now available for booking. All packages must be consumed by February 29, 2012. Package is based on availability and regulations may apply. Visit www.WFortLauderdaleHotel.com/offers to learn more or to make a reservation.
For Sweethearts and Singles Alike:
Valentine’s Day causes people to draw lines in the sand – either for or against the oft-maligned holiday. Well, at its root, Valentine’s Day is about being with a loved one, so this February 14, Hacienda San Angel, the award-winning, luxury boutique hotel in Puerto Vallarta, invites guests – whether couples or friends – to discover the beauty and charm of this heavenly retreat. Whether romantic or revitalizing, an escape to Hacienda will soften the heart of a cynic and renew the passion between a couple.
Lovers in search of true romance will find the “Sweetheart Serenade” package practically delivers cupid’s arrows on a silver platter. The package includes:
– Three night stay in a Junior Suite
– Room upgrade upon availability
– Private terrace dinner for two
– Private mariachi serenade on the terrace or from the cobblestone streets below
– One in-suite massage per person
– Daily breakfast
The “Sweetheart Serenade” package is priced at $1,620 (exclusive of taxes and gratuities) and is available on stays throughout the month of February.
Not in a relationship? No problem! Friends in search of a great time in spite the holiday will enjoy the “Escaping St. Valentine” package for some much needed indulgence and pampering. The package includes:
– A three night stay in a Junior Suite
– Daily poolside margaritas, guacamole and chips
– One In-suite massage per person
– One private yoga session in suite or anywhere on the Hacienda’s grounds
The “Escaping St. Valentine” package is priced at $1,050 (exclusive of taxes and gratuities) and is available on stays throughout the month of February.
Both packages can be booked by calling 877-815-6594, visiting www.haciendasanangel.com.
For the Single Ladies:
The Orlando’s new Girlfriends Getaway package gives single ladies a great excuse to fall in love with their lives this Valentine’s Day.
Since we all know that girls just want to have fun, The Orlando on Third is offering a Girlfriends’ PJ Party Valentine’s Getaway for up to four friends from February 1st through 28th. Who needs champagne & chocolate?
Start off your stay with hand-crafted cocktails at uber-hip eatery, The Churchill. To help create the perfect slumber party, the package includes in-suite manicures & pedicures and even 15% off at famous Los Angeles sleepwear designer Bed Head (named “Best Overall” by The Wall Street Journal) on any of their cozy p.j. creations! And nothing helps you forget the one that got away like expanding your mind and your skill set. You and your gal pals can try your hand at skills ranging from jewelry making to silk screening, from mosaics to “fascinator” hat creation at the chic little neighborhood craft studio just across the street called Hands on Third.
The Orlando’s Girlfriend’s PJ Party Valentine’s Getaway for four is priced at $1450 and can be booked online or by calling 1-800.62.HOTEL.
Forget the Chocolate, and go with Turkey:
Turkish Airlines is offering round-trip airfare from Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C., to Istanbul during February for $599 per person. What’s the hitch? Two people have to fly together to get the low price, which doesn’t pose a problem for those who have a travel-ready companion.
To get this deal, you have to purchase your ticket through a travel agent or at a Turkish Airlines ticket office, which adds a $20 fee. This is a very restricted fare — no changes or refunds — and both passengers must travel together on the same dates.
For a Rendezvous in the Desert:
Now and again, love birds must leave the nest to have a little fun. Kimpton’s FireSky Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona offers the perfect place to perch – with haute cuisine, a bottle of bubbly, and a cinematic reason to snuggle. The Romantic Rendezvous package includes a four-course tasting menu for two at Taggia restaurant, a bottle of champagne delivered to the room, and an in-room movie. Love the package, but need a raincheck on the lover’s holiday? No problem. The package is offered year-round, priced from $279 and can be booked online with the rate code “PROM” or by calling 1-800-528-7867 and mentioning the package by name.
Also on offer at Firesky Resort for the month of February is Kimpton’s “Robe-mance” package featuring their special breed of snuggly robes in leopard- and zebra-print motifs. From Feb. 1-29, those who book a Robe-mance Package will enjoy deluxe accommodation, two silky soft new signature Kimpton bathrobes (a $180 value), which are made of 100 percent Turkish ring-spun cotton, and a $25 dining and beverage credit that’s perfect for a nightcap or breakfast in bed. Offered at participating Kimpton hotels nationwide, the Robe-mance package is priced starting from $269 per night, based on location and availability. Reservations can be made online by entering “ROBES” in the rate code box, or by calling 1-800-KIMPTON and requesting the Robe-mance package.
Also in Scottsdale: Since the 1930’s, The Hermosa Inn has been a recognized destination in the desert Southwest offering exclusive lodging accommodations in one of the city’s most affluent suburbs, Paradise Valley.
The award-winning hotel is located within minutes of prestigious shopping, sporting event facilities, golf, art, entertainment venues, and major business corridors of both Phoenix and Scottsdale. The Phoenix Sky Harbor International airport is just 15 minutes away.
The Inn recently completed a $2 million accommodations remodel to transform its enchanting guest suites to a new level of sophistication and comfort.
With rates starting at $640, the Valentine’s Getaway package includes:
- One-night stay for two in a remodeled Casita, Deluxe Casita, or Grande Casita
- Bouquet of one dozen roses in room upon arrival
- $100 dining credit *Note special menu served on February 14th*
- Romantic Bubble Bath turndown (Deluxe & Grande Casita only) with rose petals; champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered upon return from dinner
- Breakfast for two in Lon’s or through room service
For a Rendevouz in a Tropical Paradise:
Located on Bimini, just 48 miles off the coast of Southern Florida, Bimini Bay Resort fronts a gorgeous stretch of oceanfront with a bayside marina behind it. Luxury accommodations and several pools, including a saltwater beachfront pool are the surefire ways to spark the romance. The resort’s “Romance on Us” package saves you 25% off rates, which start from $307 per night. The package includes a private, three-course chef’s dinner prepared near a personal beachside bonfire, a complimentary bottle of wine, and breakfast for two. A three-night minimum is required.
To get there, catch a puddle-jumper or take the high-speed ferry (Balearia Bahamas Express) from Fort Lauderdale.
Call 888/891-2263 and reference the “Romance on Us” package, or visit Bimini Bay Resort.
The Hotel/Resort: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn
For Romance in Wine Country:
Head to the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn for an unforgettable retreat, blessed by natural mineral hot springs in Sonoma Valley, and an idyllic, world famous wine growing region. Their Willow Stream Spa, championship Sonoma Golf Course and Michelin award-winning restaurant, Santé, make this the perfect place to ignite the Valentine’s romance. Look familiar? “Bachelor” fans will remember this hotel as one of the first dream date locales from the current season.
Their romance package starts at $429 per night and includes:
- One night’s accommodations
- Rose petal turndown
- Two 60-minute spa treatments
- Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries
- Tasting passes at Gloria Ferrer Winery
For a European Getaway:
Head to Madrid to the gorgeous Hotel Villa Magna, which is offering special romance packages between February 10 and 19 with two-night minimum for €1000, which includes:
- Suite accommodations
- Welcoming chilled Champagne and assorted treats
- Valentine’s cocktails at Magnum Bar
- Three-course dinner for two paired with sommelier-selected wines at Restaurante Villa Magna, including Cupid’s Arrow Amuse, Champagne-strawberry Risotto, Roasted Guinea Hen, Quinoa Rose Petal “Snowcone, and a special St. Valentine’s delicacy (Valentine’s day menu: 60.00€ V.A.T included)
- Romantic energy-based Valentine’s Day room service breakfast
- One-hour private chauffeured tour of romantic Madrid in a classic Morgan car (or equivalent)
- 60 minute side-by-side couples massage
- Exclusive skin care products lightly scented with Hotel Villa Magna’s signature Sierra fragrance
For the City Lovers:
Love is always in the air in New York City and this February, escape to The Palace for a romantic rendezvous immersed in pure luxury. The iconic Midtown Manhattan hotel is featuring two romance-infused getaways.
The “Have a Heart” Package honors the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women. They’re inviting guests to take care of the heart in more ways than one, by taking care of the heart you love throughout the month of February.
Guests who reserve this NYC weekend package receive a $100 nightly Food & Beverage credit, so go ahead and indulge in a delicious Heart-Healthy Brunch menu, with such dishes as an Egg White Frittata and Steel Cut Oatmeal with Fresh Berries. GILT Bar has also ‘Gone Red’ with The Red Ruffle, a new signature cocktail with Chambord, champagne and pomegranate juice, available daily.
Rates start at $359. Other romance packages are available on the hotel’s website.
For the Beach Lovers:
Southern California’s hottest getaway, Terranea Resort, ignites the season of romance with a month-long celebration that couples its unrivaled romantic setting with intimate packages sure to warm any heart. Located on 102 oceanfront acres, Terranea Resort boasts unparalleled views of the Pacific, Catalina Island, and the California coastline. Adding heat to the sultry setting are 225 fireplaces and fire pits located throughout the property’s spa, restaurants, pools, and suites that create cozy nooks for snuggling with loved ones.
The KISS (Keep it Simple Sweetheart) Package sets the stage for romance and includes all the necessities for a romantic getaway: plush accommodations, breakfast for two daily, dinner for two in Catalina Kitchen. The rest is up to you! Rates start at $470 per night. Promotional code: KISSPKG
For parents who can’t ditch the kids, Terranea’s Date Night Package is just what Cupid ordered. Date Night allows mom and dad to spend time alone while the kids have some supervised fun of their own. Families will delight in spacious two- to four-bedroom Casita or Villa accommodations that feature living areas, kitchens and dining rooms. Parents will enjoy a romantic dinner for two in Catalina Kitchen, while the kids have a blast at Tide Pool Kids Club for the evening (includes passes for two.) Rates start at $955 per night. Promotional code: DATENIGHT
About the Author: Lindsay Taub is an award-winning journalist with over a decade of experience as a writer/editor/photographer covering travel, lifestyle, culture, arts, food, health, and all facets that make life a journey. Follow her on twitter @lindsaytaub58.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.