Short bio: Per Wikipedia “Prior to founding TPG, Kelly worked at Morgan Stanley, as an IT recruiter in the company’s human resources department, and he ran, for colleagues, an informal travel agency-type operation, aimed at maximizing return on earned travel reward points.”
Occupation: CEO of The Points Guy
How did you get started with TPG? See video (0:53 seconds)
Hometown: Doylestown, PA
Residence: Airplanes, NYC and Pennsylvania
College: University of Pittsburgh
College major: Spanish and Economics
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video but maybe when they open Iceland up
How many miles do you fly a year or have flown? 1.5 million
How many countries have you been to? 80
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Driving from Long Island to Orlando
Favorite American city: Austin
Favorite international city: Paris
Friendliest people in the world: Ghana
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada
I have no desire to go to: Syria and Saudi Arabia
Which country we’re you afraid to go to but felt safer there? Liberia
Favorite U.S. airport: Charlotte
Favorite international airport: Doha
Favorite airport lounge: Lufthansa First Class Lounge in Frankfurt
Favorite aircraft type: A380
Favorite plane seat: Emirates First Class on A380
Sat next to any famous celebs: Danny DeVito and Madonna
Best airplane dining experience: Etihad Residence recreated Thanksgiving Dinner
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Champagne (AA serves Krug)
Favorite restaurant: Delaire Graff Estate, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Fried uterus in Tokyo
Favorite hotel: Peninsula Hong Kong / Walldorf Maldives
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Reserve (Read our Chase Sapphire Reserve review here)
Favorite island: The Maldives and Bora Bora
Favorite beach: Fernando de Noronha in Brazil
Favorite travel show(s): 90 Day Fiancé
Favorite travel book(s): Historical Biographies
Worst travel moment: Running late at LAX to fly Spirit Airlines (see video)
Most embarrassing travel moment: Same as above
What’s your dream destination? Scuba diving in the South Pacific
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video (20:40)
Best travel tip: See video (21:15)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.