Short bio: Christine van Blokland is an Emmy-winning creator, writer, executive producer & host of the educational travel series, Curious Traveler on PBS & Amazon Prime Video.
Occupation: Travel Journalist
Website: curioustravelertv.com & pbs.org/show/curious-traveler
YouTube: Curious Traveler TV Series
Hometown: Gainesville, FL
College: University of Florida & Vancouver Film School
College major: UF: Journalism VFS: Classical Animation
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many countries have you been to? 20-25
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Getting Eastern Airlines Wings Pin when I was 3 or 4
Favorite American city: NYC
Favorite international city: Paris
Friendliest people in the world: Wales
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada
Favorite U.S. airport: Charlotte
Favorite international airport: Paris CDG
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at JFK
Sat next to any famous celebs: No but I interviewed many including Bill Murray, George Clooney, Julie Andrews…
Favorite restaurant in NYC: Luigi’s Gourmet Pizza in Hell’s Kitchen
Favorite restaurant: Ottoburg in Innsbruck, Austria
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Warthog Stew in South Africa
Favorite hotel: Pen Y Garth in Harlech, Wales
Favorite travel credit card: Delta Amex
Favorite island: Dalkey Island, Ireland
Favorite beach: Seven Sisters Chalk Cliffs, Sussex, England
Favorite travel movie: Amelie & Ratatouille
Favorite travel show(s): Village of the Year with Penelope Keith, An Idiot Abroad, Travel Man
Favorite travel book(s): Patrick Leigh Fermor’s trilogy: A Time of Gifts, Between the Woods and Waters, The Broken Road… and Peter Mayle’s Provence series…. and Frances Mayes’ Tuscany series.. and and and …
Most embarrassing travel moment: Wearing tennis shoes to interview the Crown Prince of Norway
What’s your dream destination? Biking around France
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video
Best travel tip: See video
Best travel quote: “Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!” ~ Auntie Mame
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.