Short bio: I was a senior engineer with Intel Corporation. My job was to travel the world with the company’s senior executives, doing technical demonstrations on stage at events, and I was incredibly nervous about speaking on stage. I took a comedy class to get over the fear, and the comedy kind of took off.
Since leaving Intel to pursue comedy full-time, I have performed at two Democratic National Conventions, at a TED Conference, at several presidential inaugural galas, for President Obama, Donald Trump, Rudolph Giuliani, Bill de Blasio, Michael Bloomberg, Hillary Clinton, Steve Wozniak, Arianna Huffington, Ashley Judd and for many similar luminaries.
I performed at the Bitcoin Foundation conference in San Jose in 2013, introducing Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, and I was paid in bitcoin.
Also, I appeared in an Apple “Get a Mac” commercial, “Billions” and did voiceover work for “Family Guy”. I have performed in almost every state as well as in 27 foreign countries. My life is like that of George Clooney in “Up in the Air”, just without the sex LOL.
Occupation: Comedian, actor, voiceover artist, investor
Hometown: Bloomington, Indiana
College: Univ. Maryland
College major: Business
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? I’m a member of a private jet group so sooner than later
How many miles do you fly a year or have flown? Probably 2+ million
How many countries have you been to? 60
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Parents took us on an around-the-world trip when I was six
Favorite American city: Honolulu
Favorite international city: Singapore
Friendliest people in the world: Tehran
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada
I have no desire to go to: Brunei again
Favorite U.S. airport: LGA
Favorite international airport: Singapore
Favorite airport lounge: Qatar’s in Doha
Favorite aircraft type: Challenger 300 for private, A380 commercial
Favorite plane seat: Qatar Airways Business Class
Sat next to any famous celebs: Ja Rule, Henry Winkler
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Milk or water
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: I eat everything
Favorite hotel: Molokai Ranch
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Platinum (Read our American Express Platinum review here)
Favorite island: Kauai
Favorite beach: One on the Big Island – Road to the Sea
Favorite travel movie: Up In The Air
Favorite travel book: Tim Ferris’ 4 Hour Work Week
Worst travel moment: Landing in Brunei at 2 AM, absolutely no taxi or a way to get to the hotel, no help from the hotel either
Most embarrassing travel moment: Going to LaGuardia when my flight was at JFK
What’s your dream destination? Canary Islands
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: Don’t check a bag
Best travel tip: Plan wisely and use Dragon Speak app. Use travel time wisely with podcasts, audiobooks, dictating book chapters/blog posts into the phone for later transcription by Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.