Short bio: Jack Maxwell has made guest appearances on hit broadcast television shows including “24,” “Lost,” “Without a Trace” and “Beverly Hills 90210.” Additionally, he has shared stage time with Al Pacino and Jessica Chastain in Oscar Wilde’s “Salome” as well as the movie, “Wilde Salome,” about the making of the play. In Travel Channel’s “Booze Traveler,” Maxwell traveled the globe to not only get a taste of a country’s alcohol, but to quench his curiosity about what people drink, why they drink it and the stories they tell when they do. At each stop, he connected with locals, immersed himself in regional activities, learned about the country’s unique relationship with liquor and sometimes even participated in the alcohol-making process.
Residence: Los Angeles/Phoenix
Earliest travel memory: Going to Pennsylvania then when I was 11 going to Phoenix
How many countries have you been to? 60
How many continents have you been to? 6
Favorite American city: Keywest, FL & Phoenix
Favorite international city: Palermo, Sicily
Friendliest people in the world: Italy
Country with the meanest immigration officers: USA
I have no desire to go to: I want to go everywhere
Favorite airline: Don’t have one
Favorite aircraft type: Bigger the better
Aisle or window: Aisle
Sat next to any famous celebs: Nope
Favorite U.S. airport: Burbank
Favorite international airport: Heathrow
Favorite airport lounge: Dubai
Favorite hotel: Don’t have one
Favorite travel credit card: Travel Channel’s
Favorite island: Tahiti
Favorite restaurant: It’s all about the company
Favorite Bar: Bar High Five in Tokyo
Did you get drunk a lot filming Booze Traveler? Define a lot
Favorite fruit: Cherries
Favorite food: Lasagna
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Yak in Mongolia
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water
Favorite travel show: Blue Planet
Favorite travel book: Illusions by Jonathan Livingston Seagull
What do you always seem to forget? Headphones
Worst travel moment: When one of our crew got sick and had to go home
Most embarrassing travel moment: Sumo wrestlers in Japan
What’s your dream destination? Sicily
Best travel tip: Don’t make too many plans when you travel and live in the moment
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.