Short bio: Kim Haas is the host of Afro-Latino Travels with Kim Haas, a new travel series on public television and it premieres this month. Kim has been active in Afro-Latino issues for more than a decade and is founder of losafrolatinos.com, a blog celebrating Afro-Latino culture. Kim speaks fluent Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. She served as Director of Marketing for WWSI TV Telemundo, and she also served as an on-camera pledge host in English, Spanish and Italian for WYBE TV in Philadelphia.
Residence: Jersey City, NJ
College: University of Pittsburgh for undergrad and LaSalle University for Graduate
College major: Spanish
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many countries have you been to? Twenty something
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Going to Acapulco with my grandmother when I was eight years old and learning some words in Spanish.
Favorite American city: New York and San Diego
Favorite international city: Havana, Marseilles, Rome…
Friendliest people in the world: Bahamas
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Not going to say because I have to go back!
I have no desire to go to: Cold places
Favorite U.S. airport: ATL
Favorite international airport: Barcelona
Sat next to any celebs: Nope
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water and Coca-Cola
Favorite restaurant: Barcelona and Key West
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Rabbit
Best hotel view: A hotel in Cartagena
Favorite travel credit card: Mastercard
Favorite island: Margherita Island off of Venezuela and Salvador in Brazil
Favorite beach: Copacabana Beach
Best sightseeing excursion/tour: Favela tour in Rio
Favorite travel movie: Under the Tuscan Sun
Favorite travel show: Anthony Bourdain and Bare Feet with Mickela Mallozzi
Favorite travel book: I’m currently reading We Fed an Island: The True Story of Rebuilding Puerto Rico, One Meal at a Time by Jose Andres
Worst travel moment: Getting seasick on a cruise to the Bahamas and also a group I was with was held up at gunpoint in Peru.
What’s your dream destination? Senegal
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: Be open and travel with an open heart
Best travel tip: Learn some local words and phrases
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.