Name: Lee Abbamonte
Short bio: Lee Abbamonte is an entrepreneur, travel TV personality, travel writer and speaker who has been to every country in the world plus the north and south poles.
Occupation: Travel personality
Hometown: Trumbull, CT
College: Maryland and Univ. of Phoenix
College major: Marketing and Finance
Earliest travel memory: Flying to Europe when I was 20
How often do you fly? 200,000+ miles a year
How many countries have you been to? 193
How many continents have you been to? 7
Favorite American city: NYC
Favorite international city: Sydney
Friendliest people in the world: Canada
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Israel
I have no desire to go to: Saudi Arabia
Favorite airline: Singapore
Favorite aircraft type: A380
Aisle or window: Window if I want to sleep
Sat next to any famous celebs: Many (Go to 7:50 into interview)
Favorite U.S. airport: Phoenix or MSP
Favorite international airport: Changi
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Maui
Favorite travel credit card: Bank of America & Chase Sapphire (Read our Chase Sapphire Preferred review here).
Favorite island: Maui and Lord Howe
Favorite beach: Anakena Beach on Easter Island
Favorite fancy restaurant: Pepe’s Pizza in New Haven
Favorite fruit: Kiwi
Favorite food: Pizza and Sushi
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Weird things in Asian street markets
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Club Soda or Ginger ale on the ground: San Pellegrino or Scotch
Favorite travel movie(s): Indiana Jones and James Bond
Favorite travel book(s): Huckleberry Finn and Crime and Punishment
Favorite travel app: TripIt
What do you always seem to forget? Second pair of shoes
Worst travel moment: Lagos, Nigeria story (see 25:00)
Most embarrassing travel moment: Bathroom stories
What’s your dream destination? Far Eastern Russia
Best travel tip: Take half the clothes and twice the money
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.