Short bio: Mark is a Professor of Marketing (PhD) and has worked, lived, studied, and taught in more than a dozen countries and has traveled to many dozens more. He has a passion for teaching and helping others to see and experience the World. He also has over 680,000 followers on YouTube!
Occupation: Professor and World Traveler
Hometown: Quincy, Illinois
Residence: Champaign, Illinois
College: University of Illinois
College major: Marketing
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
Are you teaching online or in person this fall? Online
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many countries have you been to? Around 70. His kids (13, 9) have been to 50 and 45 respectfully.
How many continents have you been to? 6
How many countries have you lived in? 9 USA, Australia, Finland, Austria, Argentina, Germany, Lithuania, Brazil, Portugal
How many languages do you speak? See video
Friendliest people in the world: Rwanda
Country with the meanest immigration officers: All good experiences but once in the UK
Favorite U.S. airport: Indianapolis
Favorite international airport: AMS & CPH
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Club House in LHR
Sat next to any famous celebs: See video
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Jack and Ginger mixed with a Biscoff Cookie
Favorite restaurant: Pitanta In Vincenza, Italy
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Tongue, testicles…
Favorite hotel: Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge in Tanzania
Do you stay in hotels or rent a place: We rent a place when with our kids
Favorite travel credit card: Delta Platinum AMEX (Read our American Express vs Delta Cards review here)
Favorite island: Jamaica
Favorite beach: In the Turks and Caicos
Favorite travel movie: National Lampoons Vacation
Favorite travel show: Joseph Resendo’s Travelscope on PBS
Favorite travel book: Lonely Planet Guide Books
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: We’re all the same
Best travel tip: See video
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.