Short bio: Mark is a Professor of Marketing (PhD) and has worked, lived, studied, and taught in more than a dozen countries and has traveled to many dozens more. He has a passion for teaching and helping others to see and experience the World. He also has over 680,000 followers on YouTube!
Occupation: Professor and World Traveler
Hometown: Quincy, Illinois
Residence: Champaign, Illinois
College: University of Illinois
College major: Marketing
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
Are you teaching online or in person this fall? Online
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many countries have you been to? Around 70. His kids (13, 9) have been to 50 and 45 respectfully.
How many continents have you been to? 6
How many countries have you lived in? 9 USA, Australia, Finland, Austria, Argentina, Germany, Lithuania, Brazil, Portugal
How many languages do you speak? See video
Friendliest people in the world: Rwanda
Country with the meanest immigration officers: All good experiences but once in the UK
Favorite U.S. airport: Indianapolis
Favorite international airport: AMS & CPH
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Club House in LHR
Sat next to any famous celebs: See video
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Jack and Ginger mixed with a Biscoff Cookie
Favorite restaurant: Pitanta In Vincenza, Italy
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Tongue, testicles…
Favorite hotel: Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge in Tanzania
Do you stay in hotels or rent a place: We rent a place when with our kids
Favorite travel credit card: Delta Platinum AMEX (Read our American Express vs Delta Cards review here)
Favorite island: Jamaica
Favorite beach: In the Turks and Caicos
Favorite travel movie: National Lampoons Vacation
Favorite travel show: Joseph Resendo’s Travelscope on PBS
Favorite travel book: Lonely Planet Guide Books
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: We’re all the same
Best travel tip: See video
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.