I’ve long been a fan of Samantha Brown’s so it was my great honor to sit down and chat with her about all things travel. Check out the video below or listen to it on Johnny Jet’s Travel Podcast for our whole conversation. See below for her abbreviated answers and please subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Short bio: Samantha Brown, is an American television host, notable for her work as the host of several Travel Channel shows including Girl Meets Hawaii, Great Vacation Homes, Great Hotels, Passport to Europe, Passport to Latin America, Great Weekends, Green Getaways, Passport to China, and Samantha Brown’s Asia. She’s now in her fourth season of PBS’ Samantha Brown’s Places to Love.
Famous Quote: “This summer, I’m only going to buy watermelon with seeds so my kids have something to do.”
Hometown: Born in Dallas, TX but grew up in New Hampshire
College: Syracuse University
College major: Fine Arts
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? When there is a vaccine
How many countries have you been to? 73
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Road tripping to Pennsylvania in a Pontiac station wagon and baloney sandwiches
Favorite American city: Santa Fe
Favorite international city: Auckland, New Zealand
Friendliest people in the world: New Zealand and Ireland
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Had a bad experience once on the island of Nevis
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): White wine
Do you always get upgraded?: Usually, when I fly Delta because I’m a million miler
Favorite airport lounge: Any lounge in Asia
Favorite travel credit card: Delta American Express Platinum & Chase Sapphire Card EDITOR’S NOTE: (Read our American Express vs Delta Cards review here) & (Read our Chase Sapphire Reserve review review here)
Favorite restaurant in NYC: Al di la Trattoria in Brooklyn
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: A fish’s eyeball in Singapore
Favorite hotel: So many but I love Shutters on The Beach. Also the Library Hotel in NYC.
Best hotel view: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Favorite travel movie: Hotel Budpest, Room With A View, James Bond Movies,
Favorite travel show: Bare Feet with Mickela Mallozzi and Salt Fat Acid Heat
Favorite travel books: Love the author Jan Morris
Worst travel moment: Having our van broken into and stealing camera gear and luggage
Most embarrassing travel moment: When I was dating my husband and my side pocket of my luggage broke open and my pink underwear was hanging out.
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video
Best travel tip: See video
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.