No airline has done more to bring the boring old safety video to life than Air New Zealand. (ICYMI: Here’s my story on airline safety videos for AFAR.) The latest video, released last week, features stars and legends from New Zealand’s famed national rugby team, the “All Blacks.” Team captain Kieran Read, Sam Cane, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ryan Crotty, and All Blacks coach Steve Hansen make appearances, as do 1987 rugby legends Sir Michael Jones, Sir John Kirwan, Buck Shelford, Gary Whetton, and David Kirk. Former Black Ferns Captain Fiao’o Fa’amausili shows up as well, as does former Australia captain George Gregan.
Suits actor Rick Hoffman also appears in the video. Rick is an American with a professed love for Air New Zealand. For my part, I once met Rick at a Suits premiere in L.A. Meghan Markle (who of course was also on the show) was there as well, but I didn’t get a chance to talk to her.
The All Blacks safety video revolves around Air New Zealand’s “rebrand” as All All Blacks and the conversation around its first safety video. It’s pretty fun, and so far people seem to be tuning in. As of Friday, the video had been viewed more than two million times.
“It’s been incredible to celebrate both local and international stars, fans and our very own Air New Zealanders over the past ten years,” said Air New Zealand General Manager Global Brand & Content Marketing Jodi Williams about the video. “It’s only fitting that this video brings to life something that is distinctly New Zealand – from the grassroots of Rippa Rugby to the nostalgia of the 1987 All Blacks, with a unique modern twist.”
More Air New Zealand videos
- Video: Air New Zealand’s Cool Antarctica Safety Video
- Travel Video of the Week: Air New Zealand’s Men In Black Safety Video
- Travel Video of the Week: Air New Zealand’s “Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made”
- Video: Air New Zealand’s “The Nicest Christmas Ever”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.