National Geographic has a three-and-a-half-minute video on the Cape Town water crisis. As written in the YouTube description, “The profound water crisis in Cape Town, South Africa is affecting the rich and poor, tourists and hosts. In this short doc produced by the German political advocacy group Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Tadzio Müller demonstrates just what it means to live on 50 liters (13.2 gallons) of water per day. In a city where the underprivileged already faced insufficient water resources, the middle class, the government, environmentalists, and engineers are all focused on how to get by—and how to prevent this disaster in the future. But, as Müller notes, current trends mean similar shortages could arise in other places around the world.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.