This is insane! Earlier today, Admiral Karl Schultz of the U.S. Coast Guard posted a one-minute video on Twitter of a full-speed, open-sea capture of a drug-running semi-submersible. The crew of the cutter Munro intercepted the vessel somewhere off South American shores. In the video you see one of the crew members boarding and then opening the hatch of the semi-sub as the ocean blows past in the background.
The raid in the video below was reportedly one of 14 that yielded the Coast Guard 39,000lbs of cocaine. About 16,000lbs were taken from the semi-submersible alone!
Today @VP will visit @USCG Cutter MUNRO as the crew returns to the U.S. w/ 39k lbs. of cocaine seized in 14 #USCG busts, including this semi-submersible off South America. We combat cartels far from U.S. borders where they are most vulnerable – at sea. https://t.co/JyVHFOvu2E pic.twitter.com/98Lq5d3Vdb
— Admiral Karl Schultz (@ComdtUSCG) July 11, 2019
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.