Antarctica is the only continent I haven’t been to, so I’m fascinated by it. Last week Australian researchers revealed the unseen world under Antarctica’s ice, and the footage is amazing.
The video was recorded under the sea at O’Brien Bay, near Casey Research Station in eastern Antarctica. To get the footage researchers had to cut open a deep hole into the ice and drop in an underwater probe. Soon after they cut the hole a curious seal swam up and greeted the scientists. As you will see in the short video above, the probe’s footage shows a thriving ecosystem living under the ice, full of starfish, sponges, algae, and worms.
Have you been? Is it worth the trip across Drake’s Passage?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.