Antarctica is the only continent I haven’t been to, so I’m fascinated by it. Last week Australian researchers revealed the unseen world under Antarctica’s ice, and the footage is amazing.
The video was recorded under the sea at O’Brien Bay, near Casey Research Station in eastern Antarctica. To get the footage researchers had to cut open a deep hole into the ice and drop in an underwater probe. Soon after they cut the hole a curious seal swam up and greeted the scientists. As you will see in the short video above, the probe’s footage shows a thriving ecosystem living under the ice, full of starfish, sponges, algae, and worms.
Have you been? Is it worth the trip across Drake’s Passage?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.