When you’re driving, you need to be ready for everything—including a deer dashing out in front of you. Last month a group of motorcyclists cruising down the highway in Washington, D.C., captured how quickly a deer can appear in your path, and a split-second later, how fast the reflexes of a deer can be. What’s really amazing is that the deer jumps over the man seconds after the group passes a “Deer Crossing” sign, which you can see in the beginning of the video. Fortunately, the man, the deer and the bike all avoided serious harm.
I’ve had deer encounters on the road myself as I grew up in the northeast, and they’re scary. If one of those animals hits your car, both sides are going to see real damage. Have it ever happened to you?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.