I’ve been fortunate to be a weekly guest (usually Saturdays at 12:30pm PT) on Leo Laporte’s The Tech Guy show for over five years. I first met Leo in 2003 on his Tech TV show that aired on cable TV. Leo was so cool and calmed all my anxieties about going on a national TV show. I was so stoked when he kept asking me back, and when his studio kept moving, I kept traveling to it. The first studio was in San Francisco, the next was in Vancouver and then there was Toronto (here’s a video from 2007). Several years ago he created his own network and took his studio just north of San Francisco to Petaluma, which is part of Sonoma County. These days, I usually just Skype in but I’ve been to the set a few times and it’s always been a treat to do it in person.
Just last week I mentioned to Leo that he should take our 10-minute travel segment and post it to YouTube so people don’t have to search through a two-hour show as they’ve had to in the past (all of his shows are on YouTube and Twit.tv). Leo thought it was a great idea and sure enough, he started implementing it immediately. The first video—they call them TWiT Bits—posted this week. TWiT is the name of his network and stands for This Week in Tech. I hope you like them.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.