I’ve been fortunate to be a weekly guest (usually Saturdays at 12:30pm PT) on Leo Laporte’s The Tech Guy show for over five years. I first met Leo in 2003 on his Tech TV show that aired on cable TV. Leo was so cool and calmed all my anxieties about going on a national TV show. I was so stoked when he kept asking me back, and when his studio kept moving, I kept traveling to it. The first studio was in San Francisco, the next was in Vancouver and then there was Toronto (here’s a video from 2007). Several years ago he created his own network and took his studio just north of San Francisco to Petaluma, which is part of Sonoma County. These days, I usually just Skype in but I’ve been to the set a few times and it’s always been a treat to do it in person.
Just last week I mentioned to Leo that he should take our 10-minute travel segment and post it to YouTube so people don’t have to search through a two-hour show as they’ve had to in the past (all of his shows are on YouTube and Twit.tv). Leo thought it was a great idea and sure enough, he started implementing it immediately. The first video—they call them TWiT Bits—posted this week. TWiT is the name of his network and stands for This Week in Tech. I hope you like them.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.