This is the first post in video contributor Kelley Ferro’s two-part video series on Cuba. The second part is here.
I’ve been intrigued by Cuba ever since I could remember, mostly because my dad was always playing Cuban records around the house. And as I grew up to be a travel journalist, my fascination with this musical, vibrant island nation only increased. Finally, I was given my chance to see Cuba for myself. We based ourselves in Havana for a whirlwind 48-hour tour of the city.
The best part was that all of our experiences were drawn from recommendations from locals. Cuba Travel Services facilitated these interaction so we could meet several locals each day, ask questions and get to know Havana through their eyes.
The video above should give you a little more insight than a guidebook could, as we went off the beaten path. We met local children in an after-school program, where they practice and perform circus acts. We cruised the Malécon in vintage American cars at sunset. We also danced, drank and ate throughout our days and nights in this exuberant city.
In part 2: Artsy Havana.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.