I had heard so many stories of travelers visiting and falling in love with the food, landscape, people, and culture of Thailand that I had really built it up in my head. It’s no surprise that when I had the chance to take a three-week trip with my fiancé-turned-husband, Thailand was at the top of our list.
I flew into Chiang Mai from the busy-but-stunning beaches near Krabi. We both were ready to exhale the tourist scene and breathe in Thai tranquility. We were trading turquoise waters for mythical mountains. But we were not prepared for just how pampered, calm and opulent our next few days would be. When the Mercedes black car pulled up to ferry us to the Four Seasons Chiang Mai, I knew we were at the beginning of something special.
Greeted by a garland of jasmine and local tea, we were checked into our room at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai, which was more like a house. We had an “upper rice pavilion,” a second-level, multi-room suite complete with an outdoor sala, an open-air extension of our living room raised over the rice paddy, with a swinging chair and never-ending views.
This place was pure magic. Each aspect of the hotel delighted the “hotel snob” in me, from the pools to the yoga to the cocktail bar and Italian restaurant. I wasn’t prepared for a breakfast that good or for all the unique experiences available on property each day.
Let me know what you think as you check out my review of this luxurious property!
For more on the Four Seasons Chiang Mai, check out fourseasons.com/chiangmai.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.