I had heard so many stories of travelers visiting and falling in love with the food, landscape, people, and culture of Thailand that I had really built it up in my head. It’s no surprise that when I had the chance to take a three-week trip with my fiancé-turned-husband, Thailand was at the top of our list.
I flew into Chiang Mai from the busy-but-stunning beaches near Krabi. We both were ready to exhale the tourist scene and breathe in Thai tranquility. We were trading turquoise waters for mythical mountains. But we were not prepared for just how pampered, calm and opulent our next few days would be. When the Mercedes black car pulled up to ferry us to the Four Seasons Chiang Mai, I knew we were at the beginning of something special.
Greeted by a garland of jasmine and local tea, we were checked into our room at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai, which was more like a house. We had an “upper rice pavilion,” a second-level, multi-room suite complete with an outdoor sala, an open-air extension of our living room raised over the rice paddy, with a swinging chair and never-ending views.
This place was pure magic. Each aspect of the hotel delighted the “hotel snob” in me, from the pools to the yoga to the cocktail bar and Italian restaurant. I wasn’t prepared for a breakfast that good or for all the unique experiences available on property each day.
Let me know what you think as you check out my review of this luxurious property!
For more on the Four Seasons Chiang Mai, check out fourseasons.com/chiangmai.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.