Ever wonder what happens to all the unused toiletries that are left at hotels? We once ran a tip about one way you as a hotel guest can reduce this kind of waste. Well, as seen in the video above, a number of big hotel brands—including Hilton—have partnered with an organization called Clean the World to put their leftover and used soap to great use. The video, produced by Tech Insider, introduces Clean the World founder Shawn Seipler and his story. It then looks at how unused hotel soap from Hilton and Marriott properties ends up helping save lives around the world.
More on the good being done with used hotel soap, from YouTube:
“Clean the World is a nonprofit organization that recycles used soaps, lotions, and other toiletries from hotels. Its partners include Hilton, Marriott, and Walt Disney World Resorts, among others. Clean the World has donated over 50 million bars of recycled soap to people in need in 127 countries since its founding in 2009. The organization has had to adapt as more hotel chains move away from single-use toiletries in favor of bulk offerings.
“Hilton’s partnership with Clean the Word began in 2009, not 2019. The data presented in the video reflects the first seven months of the Clean the World Challenge — a promise to donate 1 million bars of soap by October 15, 2019 (Global Handwashing Day). Insider regrets the error.”
More recent videos
- What the Most Expensive Airline Ticket in the World Gets You
- Indoor Skydiving Might Just Be the Next Olympic Sport
- British Airways Flies a Heroic Secret Service Dog to London in Style
- Hero Takes Down O’Hare Catering Cart Going Haywire
- High School Senior Throws Birthday Parties for Children in Homeless Shelters
- Man Catches Stranger’s Phone on a Roller Coaster
- Thieves Stealing from Passengers at Rome Airport
- TPG’s Las Vegas Airport Timelapse
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.