One of my favorite cartoons growing up was The Jetsons. I often wondered (and dreamt) about going to and from school in a flying car. Well, that reality might actually come true, and a lot sooner than people think. There’s a lot of big money and companies all frantically trying to get a product out on the market first and it looks like Kitty Hawk, a startup backed by Larry Page (co-founder of Google), will be on the market by the end of the year.
The company just released the first video of its “flying car” prototype being tested above a lake in California. Supposedly, it’s easy to drive and no license will be needed (I don’t believe that). The one in the video above looks more like a flying jetski than a car but they say this is not what the finished product will look like. The Kitty Hawk vehicle weighs about 220 pounds, can travel up to 25 mph, is 100% electric, and is powered by eight rotors.
According to Business Insider, the company hasn’t said how much a vehicle will cost but is offering an early $2,000 discount for people who are willing to cough up $100 now.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.