Ever wondered what the largest book in the world is, or where it’s located? Neither had I, until I came across a recent press release from Great Big Story highlighting the latest episode of their “Uncharted” series. The producers traveled to Mandalay, Myanmar, in order to explore the Kuthodaw Pagoda, home to, yes, the largest book in the world.
The Kuthodaw Pagoda is a Buddhist shrine built in 1857, but as stunning as the shrine is, the stupas surrounding it make it even more unique. Each of the stupas houses a marble tablet once covered in gems and gold ink and inscribed with Buddhist teachings. When the 730 stupas are read together, they make up the entirety of Buddha’s teachings. Although the tablets were looted for their gems and gold after the British invasion, the scripture has been filled in with dark ink, therefore allowing the teachings to be read for many, many years to come. It’s a short one-minute-and-17-second video with some beautiful visuals, so it’s definitely worth your time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.