Ever wondered what the largest book in the world is, or where it’s located? Neither had I, until I came across a recent press release from Great Big Story highlighting the latest episode of their “Uncharted” series. The producers traveled to Mandalay, Myanmar, in order to explore the Kuthodaw Pagoda, home to, yes, the largest book in the world.
The Kuthodaw Pagoda is a Buddhist shrine built in 1857, but as stunning as the shrine is, the stupas surrounding it make it even more unique. Each of the stupas houses a marble tablet once covered in gems and gold ink and inscribed with Buddhist teachings. When the 730 stupas are read together, they make up the entirety of Buddha’s teachings. Although the tablets were looted for their gems and gold after the British invasion, the scripture has been filled in with dark ink, therefore allowing the teachings to be read for many, many years to come. It’s a short one-minute-and-17-second video with some beautiful visuals, so it’s definitely worth your time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.