YouTuber Casey Neistat recently flew as a guest of Etihad Airways in The Residence, a luxury “seat” that has previously been named the most expensive airline ticket in the world. Though he was given his ticket for free, Casey says it costs “about the price of a new Toyota.” My pal Lucky at One Mile at a Time, who flew in the Residence himself a few years ago, writes that the Residence is “priced at nearly $30,000 one-way.” (You can fly it to/from Abu Dhabi, London, New York, Sydney, Paris, and Seoul.)
In the eight-minute video, Casey takes his camera around the whole space, which includes three separate rooms all for himself: a living room, a bathroom and a bedroom. The living room includes two big seats that are almost like a couch plus a big TV. Down the private hallway, the bathroom has a full shower with 10 minutes of hot water and is stocked with Acqua di Parma Colonia bath products. The bedroom, meanwhile, has a large bed that can be prepared with turn-down service for sleep on request.
It’s pretty cool to see inside the Residence without having to pay up for the world’s most expensive airline ticket. And Casey doesn’t even show the perks that come before boarding. On its Residence page, Etihad says that when you fly in the Residence, you also get access to a VIP Travel Concierge and a chauffeur-driven limousine to your own private airport lounge, among other things. You can check out more and even take a 3-D tour on that page. Before you do that, however, check out Casey’s video above.
More Casey Neistat videos
- Video: Qatar Airways A350 Review by Casey Neistat
- Travel Video of the Week: Snowboarding with the NYPD
- Travel Video of the Week: NYC Bike Lanes
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.