The wildflower “super bloom” is all over the news right now in Southern California thanks to this winter’s abundance of rain, strong winds and favorable temperatures. My wife and I lucked into viewing the super bloom at Lake Elsinore this weekend when we drove to Temecula.
It turns out we didn’t need to drive 80 minutes to see it, because just down the street from our home the runways at LAX are lined with wildflowers! ABC Los Angeles just did a feature on the subject (above), writing in the accompanying story that, “LAX might have one of the most beautiful landing strips in the nation right now. A spectacular super bloom of wildflowers is lining the fields near Los Angeles International Airport, thanks to this winter’s heavy rains. The flowers extend the entire length of the runways, which are about two miles long. The sight also makes for some beautiful aerial views for passengers arriving and departing from the airport.”
If you’re flying in or out of LAX this week, be sure to be on the lookout!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.