PBS recently aired a 53-minute documentary (above) on the “Ultimate Cruise Ship.” The whole show is online with limited commercials but if for some reason you can’t view it (maybe if you’re outside of the USA), you can buy the DVD on Amazon for $17.99.
“Ultimate Cruise Ship” is about Regent Seven Seas Cruises‘ Seven Seas Explorer, a 54,000-gross-ton ship that stretches over two football fields from start to finish. It took three years to design and 18 months to build. The Seven Seas Explorer is no ordinary boat as it’s decked out with the finest gold, marble and crystal and designed to offer guests the roomiest accommodations of any commercial cruise ship. But engineering opulence is no easy feat. NOVA follows a pioneering team of Italian ship builders as they embark on what is advertised to be a milestone in maritime engineering.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.