In 2012 I wrote a post about upgrading a soldier when you get bumped to the front of the plane. After it ran, I received the nicest anonymous email/comment from one of the soldiers I swapped seats with, and this year, CBS Los Angeles asked if I would talk about the whole thing on camera. I said I would to help inspire other frequent flyers to do the same. We shot the segment in November in a hangar at LAX, which was an experience in itself. Above is the two-minute video, which is also on Facebook. You can read the whole comment, which the solider I gave my seat to posted anonymously, at the bottom of the post here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.