Anytime you ride the NYC subway, there’s a good chance you’ll see scenes and characters that would make people do double-takes anywhere else. If you’ve spent time on the NYC subway, you already know this. If you’ve never been on it, the video below offers a taste of the experience.
This woman giving it ALL to the selfie cam on the train is SENDING ME pic.twitter.com/i3JoSPKj3I
— Ben Yahr (@benyahr) August 17, 2019
The video, of a woman on the J train taking selfies as though she were part of a photoshoot, made the rounds on Twitter last week after actor and writer Ben Yahr shared it on Twitter. The woman in the video is 23-year-old Jess George, who described the scene to HuffPost. From that story (via Yahoo):
“Over the weekend, Jess George got on the J train in a black dress and heels, heading home from lunch with friends. Feeling herself and the ‘cool photo opportunity,’ George positioned her phone on her handbag and posed for selfies like her life depended on it. ‘I saw an empty subway car and was alone, so the self-timer had to come out! At the next stop, people got on the train but I decided to continue. It was very spontaneous,’ George told HuffPost via email, before adding that the images were initially meant just as ‘something for me to post on Twitter for my 200 followers.'”
More on NYC and the NYC subway
- A Great, Free App to Help You Get Around on the NYC Subway
- Video: NYC Subway Stair Causes Everyone to Trip
- This New App Lets You Post Messages on Screens Across NYC
- You Can See Every Active and Proposed NYC Construction Project on This Map
- You Can Now See TSA Security Line and Taxi Line Wait Times at NYC Airports
- Careful by the Subway Door
- New York Subway Gets an App to Track Trains
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.