Twitter user @davenewworld_2 posted the video below earlier this morning and it’s quickly garnered over 10 million views. Ten million! The 20-second clip is of a man singing a religious song mid-flight. It wasn’t clear which airline or route this occurred on but I’m guessing it was Easy Jet in the U.K. as many of the passengers are maskless (the UK ended their mask mandate last month), the engine cover is orange and an advertisement on each seat reads: “Enjoy our new summer range onboard.” No airline in the U.S. has that, that I’m aware of, and no U.S. flight attendants would allow people to go unmasked.
Imagine you get on a plane and you have to listen to this pic.twitter.com/RpY8d7RK4Y
— Fifty Shades of Whey (@davenewworld_2) April 16, 2022
I grew up Catholic and up until the pandemic began, I attended mass regularly. Regardless, I’m not sure how I would feel about a dude just busting out his guitar mid-flight and starting to sing Christian songs to a completely captive audience. I’m guessing there was a group of passengers going on some kind of church trip but clearly, there were some passengers who didn’t appreciate it.
Below are some of the best replies on Twitter:
This guy is wondering if he would survive if he jumped now 😅 pic.twitter.com/HBSmLhSsvs
— Tracy 🌻 (@Fosters_mom_14) April 16, 2022
— alasdair™️ (@ae_allchin) April 16, 2022
I know you believe you mean well, but please don’t preach the gospel every day. Please do not foist your religion on those who do not ask you to. Please don’t.
If you want to be a good Christian, lead by example: be kind, compassionate, and love your neighbor. Period.
— Chuck Taggart 🏳️🌈🖖🏻🌻🇺🇦 (@SazeracNELA) April 16, 2022
— Mr. Newberger (@jeremynewberger) April 16, 2022
If this happened on one of your flights here in the US, what would your reaction be? Leave a comment below!
Update: According to TMZ, the “video was shot/posted by Jack Jensz Jr. — who seems to be a pastor of some sort, and who founded an org called Kingdom Realm Ministries. video was shot/posted by Jack Jensz Jr. Him and his congregation have been in Europe lately helping out the refugees fleeing Ukraine, and according to his FB timeline — this might’ve been shot on a flight to Germany around April 9, so a full week ago at this point. It just seems to be getting picked up now.”
View this post on Instagram
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.