If you never heard of the late Huell Howser (he sadly passed away in January 2013), you probably don’t live in the Golden State. Huell hosted a show on PBS called California’s Gold that was so popular that it’s still running today on KCET (Southern California’s PBS affiliate).
What’s great for folks planning on visiting California is that they can access many of Huell’s videos online at this designated KCET.org page. That’s where you’ll see why Huell had a cult following. He was so enthusiastic, passionate, sincere, and square that he could make a drained swimming pool look interesting.
I was a huge fan of Huell’s (like most Californians and travelers) and was fortunate to meet him multiple times at travel shows or functions. I’m happy to say he was just like the man you see on TV. His thick Tennessee drawl will always be deeply missed, and I can still hear him say “wwwwwwwwooooowwww.” Thanks to KCET, I can hear it more often.
From the site: “Join Huell Howser as he travels the state to share California’s rich history, cultural diversity, natural wonders, and amazing denizens. Whether road tripping on a California highway, exploring downtown Los Angeles, or visiting state parks and fairs, Huell’s travel shows, including his signature series ‘California’s Gold’ and ‘Visiting,’ all have one thing in common: showcasing what makes the Golden State unique.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.