DAY 6: Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratislava is only a 40-minute drive from Vienna so it doesn’t take long to get there by boat. Bratislava is the capital Slovakia and is the only national capital that borders two other countries, Austria and Hungary. We arrived early and skipped the walking tour to explore the city on our own. To get to the old town is just a short walk and it feels like you are on a movie set. There was hardly anyone around at 8:30am so we had the medieval Town Hall complex to ourselves.
We found our way to Bratislava Castle (Bratislavský Hrad) and snapped some photos from up there before returning to old town where the Bratislava Christmas market is located. The market opens at 10am and closes at 10pm daily, from November 22 – December 23, 2013.
The Bratislava Christmas Market is well known for their original culinary offerings of gastronomic specialties like cabbage-filled potato pancakes (lokše) and sauerkraut Christmas soup (kapustnica).
We bought some cookies and knick knacks, watched the kids ice skate and made it back to the ship before it departed around 11:30am.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.