DAY 6: Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratislava is only a 40-minute drive from Vienna so it doesn’t take long to get there by boat. Bratislava is the capital Slovakia and is the only national capital that borders two other countries, Austria and Hungary. We arrived early and skipped the walking tour to explore the city on our own. To get to the old town is just a short walk and it feels like you are on a movie set. There was hardly anyone around at 8:30am so we had the medieval Town Hall complex to ourselves.
We found our way to Bratislava Castle (Bratislavský Hrad) and snapped some photos from up there before returning to old town where the Bratislava Christmas market is located. The market opens at 10am and closes at 10pm daily, from November 22 – December 23, 2013.
The Bratislava Christmas Market is well known for their original culinary offerings of gastronomic specialties like cabbage-filled potato pancakes (lokše) and sauerkraut Christmas soup (kapustnica).
We bought some cookies and knick knacks, watched the kids ice skate and made it back to the ship before it departed around 11:30am.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.