DAY 4: Melk, Austria
This was the one day we overslept, which was a bummer because we missed the morning tour of the 900-year-old abbey at Melk. We later walked up there (about 20 minutes from the boat) but they wouldn’t let us into the Benedictine monastery without a guide and during the winter months there are very limited tours (unlike the summer when there’s one every two minutes). So we missed seeing what was originally one of Leopold II’s castles. We did go into the church to see the spectacular wall and ceiling frescoes but missed the library’s comprehensive collection of medieval manuscripts.
The Melk Christmas market is small and only takes place on the weekends so while Natalie perused the shops, I got a much-needed haircut for 14 euros. We then boarded the ship and had lunch as we sailed through the picturesque Wachau Valley. FYI: Last summer, I biked between these towns and it was the highlight of that trip (see story).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.