Planning on visiting any of the U.S. National Parks this year? Or simply looking for a good, cheap adventure for you and your friends/family? This coming Monday (January 20 and MLK Day) will be the first of five days in 2020 on which “all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.” Because many of the 400+ National Parks and National Park Service sites already don’t charge a fee, in essence, pretty much all of them will be free to visit. Here are all five of the days you can visit National Parks for free in 2020, plus more information, straight from the National Park Service:
- January 20: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 18: First day of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 26: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
Mark the above on your calendars, and see more info here.
More on the U.S. National Parks
- How to Keep Up with National Park Events and Celebrations
- Travel Book of the Week: “National Geographic Atlas of the National Parks” by Jon Waterman
- Travel Book of the Week: “National Geographic Guide to National Parks of the United States, 8th Edition”
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,618!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.