One of the most desired places for travelers to visit in the United States is the White House. Unfortunately, after the 9/11 terrorists attacks, it isn’t as easy to see as it used to be. I witnessed this first-hand when I went in 2014 and learned you need to plan it well in advance and follow some very specific directions.
However, now there’s an easier way to visit thanks to the White House’s very own cool new free interactive 3D-video app. 1600 will give anyone with a smartphone or tablet and a dollar bill the ability to experience 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Not only that you, but you’ll certainly get some oohs and aahs from your friends and family when you show it to them.
Just download 1600 and point your smartphone camera at the top side of a dollar bill, and you’ll see the magic happen. You can move your device around to get a different angle but don’t go too far; otherwise you’ll have to restart. The 3D video of the White House that pop ups is narrated by White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest and the video is supposed to show a year at the White House.
It begins with Marine One landing on the South Lawn and then there’s everything from a State Arrival Ceremony to the annual Easter Egg Roll. You’ll see seasons and people change.
The White House teamed up with the White House Historical Association and Nexus Studios to create this augmented reality experience in hopes “to educate and inspire Americans to learn all about what the People’s House stands for.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.