The VLES GO-bag is indeed the bag that will keep you safe in an emergency. It was designed and founded by Karina and Stuart Warshaw, who have collectively worked as firemen, EMTs and CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) members in NYC. They were trained by the FDNY, the NYPD, OEM, and FEMA instructors and one of the things they’ve found emphasized across the board was the importance of having a go bag ready to be able to help yourself, family, friends, and neighbors during emergencies. That’s why they created what they think is the perfect bag to have in an emergency situations: the VLES GO-bag.
The bag itself is strong and smart, and its contents are logical and useful. Inside are supplies that are curated based on recommendations from the American Red Cross, FEMA and the collective experience of emergency responders. Supplies are packed into four logical kits: emergency supplies, first aid supplies, hydration, and personal care. The radio, rope, water bottle, and burn sheet can be placed elsewhere in your bag. Along with the supplies, a copy of the Readiness Playbook—which the Warshaws strongly urge everyone to complete—is also included.
The emergency supplies kit contains key items for times when you can’t run to the store or to your supply closet. Items include duct tape, work gloves, a 12-in-1 tool, an emergency blanket, an emergency sleeping bag, ponchos, hand warmers, a flashlight, and more—like N95 masks, important in fire situations and other emergencies.
First aid supplies
The first aid kit is stocked with the basics including gauze pads, antibiotic ointment, elastic bandages, Band-Aids, and more. There’s also eye wash, cold packs and non-latex nitrile medical gloves to ensure there are no allergic reactions.
The hydration kit has 10 packets—totaling 42 ounces—of long-shelf-life purified water by Datrex, 20 chlorine dioxide purification tablets by Wisconsin Pharmaceutical that can purify 20 liters, and a wide-mouth BPA free bottle with measurement markings.
Personal care is an important part of both physical and emotional health. The Go-bag comes with oral hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste and floss), alcohol wipes, tissues (in case facilities aren’t properly stocked), a mirror, and soap. There is also room for your own personal needs.
The bag itself is constructed with heavy-duty waterproof fabric and has multiple mobility options, and mission-critical features. The interior is highly organized with readily accessible modules that you can stock with your own supplies and personal items. The interior fabric modules include a convertible messenger module, four clear zippered kits, a waterproof document pouch with the Readiness Playbook, and a waterproof cell phone case.
You can buy just the bag ($225) or the supplies ($150), or the whole package. Of course, you could create your own emergency go kit—which would probably be cheaper—but the VLES GO-bag is for those that don’t have the time, energy or expertise to create one. It also makes for a thoughtful and practical gift to give a loved one this Christmas. Grab one here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.