You may not know this, but today is #GivingTuesday, the start of a new holiday tradition that encourages you to get involved and give back. While there are most likely many ways for you to give back in your own community (and you definitely should!), there are also many great ways to give back to the international community.
One way to do that is to turn your vacation into a volunteering trip with Untied Planet, an international non-profit that helps you find meaningful work that helps communities all over the world. United Planet has just announced that the number of volunteers serving during the months of December and January is up 50% compared to the same time last year.
As an international non-profit that provides volunteer abroad service trips in over forty countries across the globe, United Planet has seen the number of volunteers serving during the months of December and January increase by 50% compared to the same period last year. United Planet’s Enrollment Manager, Tyler Quattlebaum, comments, “We’re thrilled to report such a significant increase in international volunteer support during December and January, compared to last year. This level of volunteer participation over the holidays really speaks volumes to the power of the human spirit, and affirms our notion that we truly are a ‘Community Beyond Borders’.”
In addition to the increase of international volunteer participation during the winter season, United Planet has also seen a spike in enrollments during Spring Break over the last year. Students looking to gain international experience and use their school vacation to do good, have been steadily signing up to volunteer abroad during their spring break, which is often referred to as an “alternative spring break”. Regardless of the time of year, volunteering abroad is becoming an increasingly popular option for those who not only want to travel and see the world, but also want to learn about a different culture and provide vital support to communities in need.
Volunteering abroad is a great idea and could foster a deeper, more fulfilling experience than any regular trip could.
All photos courtesy of UnitedPlanet.org
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.