The Austin-based startup PHLUR got my attention when they sent me a press release with the subject line “Screw TSA — take your fragrance on the plane with you.” It turns out their new Wanderer travel vial works with any fragrance that has an atomizer. It’s perfect for travelers that want to bring their favorite perfume/cologne but either don’t want to check a bag or risk having it spill all over their clothes. The Wanderer ($28, free shipping in U.S.) could fix all of that.
Here’s how it works in their words:
Remove the spray head from your fragrance bottle.
Take off the cap. Pinch the very top, where the spout is. Pull!
Pro tip: You may need to wiggle it a little to pry it loose. Don’t worry, it won’t break. Worst case, find whomever opens jars for you, and have them give it a try.
Connect The Wanderer to your fragrance bottle.
There’s a red circle on the bottom. Put that directly on top of your bottle’s nozzle and push down. Boom—you’re connected.
Pump it up.
Press The Wanderer up and down on the fragrance bottle, just like you’re spritzing. As you do, you’ll pump it full with goodness.
Conquer the world with confidence.
You’re all set, amazing fragrance is just a spritz away.
Pro tip: When replacing your fragrance bottle’s spray head, point the nozzle AWAY from your person. Trust us on this one.”
It’s that simple and it will give you a few weeks’ worth of your favorite fragrance. You can throw it into your purse, backpack, pocket, or carry-on (yes, it’s TSA-approved). It ships empty, but is endlessly refillable (and therefore sustainable) and made with aircraft-grade aluminum for extra sturdiness. If you need help visualizing it, here’s their step-by-step instructional video.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.