It’s November 14, and at last, it’s starting to feel like it. For the next few months, northern North America is looking at low temperatures, icy winds and freezing precipitation—and not nearly enough Suzhou noodle bowls to warm up with.
With that remarkable transition, I introduce the “Suzhou Noodles” Instagram contest, which begins today. For the next five days, Suzhou, China—an ancient, canal-woven city known as the “Venice of the East”—will be bringing its great noodle tradition to the forefront of social media by asking users across the world to share their photos and videos of big, piping-hot bowls of hand-pulled noodles. Have one? Just post it on Instagram with the hashtag #suzhounoodles (and make sure you follow Visit Suzhou on Instagram), and you’ll be entered to win. Enter each day, and you’ll be competing for five different prizes (one a day).
What’s at stake? “A culinary-inspired craft made in Suzhou such as a handmade chopsticks,” which will be awarded to a winner, five different times, at 9 am ET the next day—and countless opportunities to pour over mouth-watering, only-in-Suzhou noodles from afar.
I got my first taste of #suzhounoodles back in April, when I took in the UNESCO-crested city on a five-day, exploratory press trip. Upon my return to New York, I wrote at length about the strange comforts of this weird and wonderful place, noodles very much included. From my first noodle bowl in Suzhou, served with an inexhaustible buffet of plated flavors and add-ons from chilis to bean curds (great) at Tong De Xing noodle restaurant, I warmed quickly to #suzhounoodles, and now back in Brooklyn, on a cold November Monday, I’m thinking nostalgically about my days in Suzhou and that noodle bonanza I’ll someday return to.
For now, here’s what I’ll be entering in the “Suzhou Noodles” contest:
How to enter:
First, follow visitsuzhou on Instagram.
Then, share a photo or video of soup noodles using the hashtag #suzhounoodles anytime before 11:59 pm EST each day of the contest. A total of five winners (one each day) will be announced on Instagram, each at 9 am ET the following day.
The contest will run from today, Monday, November 14, 2016 until 11:59 pm ET on Friday, November 18, 2016.
This is a sponsored post.
For more on noodles and more in Suzhou, check out: A Quick Guide to Suzhou, the “Venice of the East”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.