One of the most frequent questions I get is, “How’s the weather in (place) in (month/season)?” Since I’m not a meteorologist and I don’t have a photographic memory, I always head right to Weatherbase to make my friends think that I’m a weather guru.
What’s great about Weatherbase is that it tells users what weather and climate averages are for a particular location in a very detailed manor. And it’s just not for wide areas; it’s for very specific locations. For example, for the state of Hawaii you’ll find hundreds of locations to choose from, from Aakukui to Whitmore Village. In total the site has data on 41,997 cities worldwide, which you can access using either a search box or an interactive map.
For each place, you’ll see, by month: average temperatures (high and low), precipitation, average number of days with precipitation, highest recorded temperature, average length of day, average number of days above 90ºF/32ºC, average number of rainy days, most rain reported in a month, average relative humidity (including average morning and evening relative humidity, average dew point, and average wind speed. Weatherbase also gives current conditions and even lists the elevation, latitude and longitude.
Obviously, like anyone Weatherbase can’t guarantee the weather, but it sure is helpful when you’re planning a vacation.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.