One of the most frequent questions I get is, “How’s the weather in (place) in (month/season)?” Since I’m not a meteorologist and I don’t have a photographic memory, I always head right to Weatherbase to make my friends think that I’m a weather guru.
What’s great about Weatherbase is that it tells users what weather and climate averages are for a particular location in a very detailed manor. And it’s just not for wide areas; it’s for very specific locations. For example, for the state of Hawaii you’ll find hundreds of locations to choose from, from Aakukui to Whitmore Village. In total the site has data on 41,997 cities worldwide, which you can access using either a search box or an interactive map.
For each place, you’ll see, by month: average temperatures (high and low), precipitation, average number of days with precipitation, highest recorded temperature, average length of day, average number of days above 90ºF/32ºC, average number of rainy days, most rain reported in a month, average relative humidity (including average morning and evening relative humidity, average dew point, and average wind speed. Weatherbase also gives current conditions and even lists the elevation, latitude and longitude.
Obviously, like anyone Weatherbase can’t guarantee the weather, but it sure is helpful when you’re planning a vacation.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.